Sunday, September 9, 2012

My rare being unfolded

             I am Jeffrey Simplice, a college freshman writing his first blog ever. I am currently taking a Writing Rhetorically course at Bridgewater State University in order to enrich my writing. The true purpose of this class is to expand the style of my writing, so that I can be able to please various audiences with my writing. But, for this first blog getting to know me may just be the most appropriate thing to do.
              My name is Jeffrey but, you can just call me Jeff. It can be a little confusing to me though and I will tell you why. I have two brothers and two sisters. For those who are calculating in their heads, that's five children. The worst part of this whole situation is that I am the youngest. Well, that's what my dad says. Here comes the funny part where everyone seems to laugh, my older brother's names are Jeff and Jefferson. The consistent question I always get is, do you guys ever get confused in the house? The answer is, no. Who knows what my father was thinking. The only thing that separates me and my brothers are the fact that we have different mothers. We were all born to separate mothers and late in our lives we were introduced to each other. My father's effort to unite the family was a success and it paid off. 
                We all met where I was born in Hyde Park, Massachusetts, which is a neighborhood that lies in the southernmost region of Boston. It is mostly famous for its affordable abodes and the everlasting activities that it has to offer. At the age of ten, I moved out of Hyde Park to a town right outside the border of Boston named, Dedham. It was a big change, everything turned around from there on out. I was entering middle school a little over-weight and was in desperate need of finding a sport where I could actually fit in. I always loved basketball but, that was too much running for me. I loved to dance as well, but felt as if I was being judged because of it. But, you know what sport did suit me, football.
              The best days of my life were spent of the football field, playing pop warner football and varsity high school football. I recieved several hilarious nicknames such as Slim Fast, Simply-Nice, and my most current one, Big Daddy Simp. Please do not call me by these nicknames in public, it gets embarrassing sometimes. Although I admire the game of football, it wasn't the only activity I did that helped me be the man I am today. Like football, poetry was a way to channel my feelings in a positive manner. 
             I've had many great times in my young age but, every happy moment come with hard work. This is my story, the story of Jeffrey Simplice. The most humble, honest, and handsome man that you will ever meet. The only guy you will ever know who has his own personal three H's.

No comments:

Post a Comment